What is Retailer Card?
A retailer card is a card that can be activated by a distributor &/or by an agent. The loading in the card can only be done by the distributor for all agents and by finance team for all direct agents.
Difference between Debit Card, Credit Card, Retailer Card
Debit cards are electronic provided by bank that are affordable, and is directly linked to your bank account (savings/current). When a person pays with a debit card, it is the same way as buying something with cash but in a much convenient manner. The money gets deducted from your own bank account.
Credit cards are the card that is issued by a bank or a card issuer. The card is provides temporary money the card holder, however the card holder has to pay back the money with an interest rate on the amount the person has spent.
Retailer card is very different from a bank account debit card. When you first time purchase a retailer card, it’s loaded with cash. You can top up the card when they run out of the cash just like a pay-as-you-go mobile. It’s not a credit card so you can’t run up debts on them and they are good for those who don’t have a bank account.
Retailer cards are sold at many retailers including supermarkets, gas stations, office supply stores, and drug stores. When you purchase a retailer card from a distributor, you can specify the amount of money that you want loaded on the card.
Most of the time, you will also have to purchase a retailer card.
How Spice Money Retailer Cards work?
When you first buy the card, decide how much money you want to credit in the card.
All retailer cards are linked to a bank or building society. They have the MasterCard, Visa or Rupay logo on them so that you can spend with them anywhere that accepts these card scheme networks just like with a debit or credit card.
As you use your retailer card, the amount of your purchases is deducted from the balance. As you make more purchases, your available balance gets further reduced. For example, if you deposit Rs. 3000 onto your retailer card, after paying Rs.1500, you’d only have Rs. 1500 left to spend. Once you’ve used your entire balance, you have to reload more money onto the retailer card before you can use it again.
Five service’s in Spice Money Retailer Card:-
- Activate card: The access for registration/ access will be given to both the distributor and the agent.
- Load money: The option to load the card will be available to the distributor or agents for loading to be done for agents (mapped under any distributor) and to the finance team for all the direct agents.Amount should be more than 500/- and per day limit is 1,00000.
- Activation status: Cards that are activated by distributor will activate within 24 – 4 hours by bank. Distributor can check the status of the card whether it is pending or on verify state. You can know if the card is activated by bank or still is in the pending state by using activation status.
- Card services: Card services has following three services:
- Set MPIN: You can change the pin of your card.
- Transaction History: Transaction history provides all the history about all the transactions.
- Replace card: You also replace the card if your card is lost
- Before proceeding to the above services user have to verify him/her self by providing mobile number and OTP.
- Order card: A distributor can order number of cards by using this service for their agents.
Why should you use a retailer Card?
- You don’t need a bank account; you can deposit money straight onto the card either through direct deposit, a “reload” card, or face-to-face at some retail stores or the financial institution that provides the card.
- You don’t need a credit check.
- You can’t spend more cash than you actually have, as you can only use the balance on the card.
- Retailer card also guarantees that you will never have to pay interest charges on your purchases.
- You don’t have to visit a bank or submit an application to get a prepaid card, which is usually available online or at stores all over your community.
The cost of the retailer card is very minimal i.e. Order Price is Rs 125 for 1 card (inc. GST and shipping charges)
Monthly and Annual limit on the card is as follows:
Daily Limit: 1,00000 and Monthly Limit: 25,00000
You can read more about Spice Money’s offering on RuPay Prepaid Cards at https://blog.spicemoney.com/spice-money-prepaid-cards/ Ready for business!
Contact Spice Money’s team now! Contact us at +91 120 3986786, +91 120 5077786 or write to us at email@example.com